Tuesday 25 May 2010

For the good it will do....

Dear sirs,

I write to you as an ex-patriot living in Thailand and a keen follower of Thai football. I was especially pleased to go along to my first Thai FA Cup match this season and I hope to see many more.

I was disappointed that many lower league teams, including my own local team of Nonthaburi FC, did not enter the competition. Apparently, many lower league teams find it hard and expensive to travel to FA Cup games and find the games are scheduled for difficult times.

I understand the Thai FA Cup is based around the English version, however in England, lower league teams are given financial and other assistance when organising cup matches home or away against other teams. This is seen by the FA and fans as a way of providing excitement to fans and increasing support for smaller teams. It also provides the famous 'FA Cup magic' when smaller teams take on bigger clubs and this is what the competition is known for.

I would encourage the Thai FA to take similar steps to ensure the FA Cup receives more lower league entrants.

Thank you and please keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
Greg
Nonthaburi

No comments:

Post a Comment