Friday 2 April 2010

Next up - Air Force United (away)



Raj travel to AFU on Sunday for a 1730 kick off.


I normally only preview home games that I will attend - as opposed to this away game that I hope to attend - but I want to give special mention to AFU for two reasons. One, their fans are some of the friendliest in Thai football, which is saying something. Secondly, their website is an example to all other teams. It's free of flash and other junk that slows down your browser and bloats the bill of the web designer, and focuses on giving you the actual information that you need such as player profiles, ticket details, a stadium map and a web board. I wish that teams like Osotspa would take a look at the AFU website.


Air Force United play near Don Muang Airport, which is almost as close to my home as the Thunderdome, so like many Raj fans, I hope to be hopping on the bus to attend this one. It's second against third, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg

    I'm a fan of Air Force (Since 1996). This match will be very interesting for all fans from both teams. Your club and my club both have long and rich history.

    Sadly, I'm not living in Thailand at the moment, so I will definitely miss this match. I hope you'll enjoy this classic match on Sunday!!!

    BTW, I'm really happy to hear that you like our website and put it as an example for other Thai clubs.

    The webmaster of Air Force website is a friend of mine who used to study English in the same school when he was in Sydney 2 years ago. I'll let him know that you, as a Raj fan, are a big fan of our website.

    ReplyDelete