Saturday 27 February 2010

Nonthaburi FC

I attended Nonthaburi FC's first home game against Thai Summit yesterday. Even before the game started, I had good impressions. The whole event was well organised. The club had designated staff on duty around the ground to help fans and answer any of their questions. A poster outside advertised season tickets (550b with a free Nonthaburi FC hat!) but today's game was made free to everyone. There was even free bottled water complete with the club logo on the bottle.

As it was the opening ceremony for the club, the match was preceded by various entertainment including dancing, a police parade (later on the police came to watch the game and drink beer, all the time in full uniform and full armory) and a speech from the club president. I was impressed the president made a long speech about football in Nonthaburi, it didn't seem to be the actions or words of someone here for the short term. Usually, the rich patrons who get bored with their club are those who keep a distance, rather than get involved.

The only downside for me was the obligatory opening day commentary by two emcees through speakers so loud it was physically painfull for me. I hope this was just a 'one off' and I won't be tortured like that for every game!

I was even more impressed when the game started. Nonthaburi sport a very sleek home kit and played the football to match. Number nineteen was particularly outstanding, as he gave Thai Summit's back line nightmares with his pace and trickery. Eka (the 'Crows' , the club's nickname) controlled the first half and took a one-nil lead. In the second half, Eka scored a second goal before Thai Summit pushed their way back and scored one of their own. This made for a very tense closing game but Eka just held on and took another three points.

All in all, a good day. Nontahburi FC look to be able, well organised and well funded. My only query to the club would be - why start games at 1730 when every other club starts at 1600? What are the floodlight costs for this?

But that tiny gripe aside, this could be an interesting run. With seven points from their first three games, could the crows be here for a long haul flight?

(Many camermen and photographers attended the game, I will link to some pictures when I find some)
 Pictures of the pre-match build up, including hot women.

Pictures 2 + 3 are from a 'celebrity match' that took place prior to the actual match.

I hope I'll find some pictures of the game itself soon!
http://www.nonthaburifc.com/forum/index.php?topic=105.0

No comments:

Post a Comment