Wednesday 23 December 2009

My Christmas Appeal

Well usually at this time of year, in blogs of old, I put a soppy Christmas message on my blog. I talk about the buzz I get at Christmas, my memories, my hopes for the new year and so on.


This year I'll be a little different. I don't like to talk about it much but I like to make a point of visiting an orphanage every year (not necessarily at Christmas) and making a donation.

This year I'll be visiting the Ban Kruu Noi, a home for kids without homes or with parents in prison. Kruu Noi is a disabled lady and has run up a huge debt taking care of children of various ages. You can read more about it here:
http://www.moobankru.com/bankrunoi_Eng/e_menu1.html

Not being a rich man, I try to drum up a little donation or three from other people as well as taking my own. Sadly, this year I've had very little response. I know Christmas can be expensive, but even a tiny donation can go a long way.

So this year I ask anyone who reads my blogs to make a tiny donation, even one or two hundred baht (about four pounds) can make a difference, though of course the more the merrier. You don't have to like me or trust me, you can visit the website and see the details to make a transfer yourself from an ATM.

If just one person makes a donation, I will be very, very grateful.

I promise not to make a habit of asking.

But regardless of that, I want to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment